Interested in Volunteer or Internship Opportunities?
Contact Danielle Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering at the KMA!
Volunteer Opportunities at the KMA
Year Round Opportunities
- Age Requirement: 18 years and older
- Assist with projects and events development, membership, or marketing.
- Basic clerical work; including mass mailings, filing, organization, etc.
- Computer Skills; including typing, spreadsheets, data entry, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Excel, Publisher, and Word are a plus
Alive After Five
- Age requirement: 21 years or older
- Assist with live music performances on Friday evenings between 5 and 9pm.
- Assisting with setup and cleanup
- Checking tickets and greeting visitors
- Assisting with refreshments and various event duties
- Age requirement: 18 years or older
- Front Desk greeters provide friendly service to all of our visitors during regular museum hours Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm and Sundays 1-5pm.
- Greet, inform, and orient visitors
- Record visitor data
- Answer the museum’s main telephone line
Knoxville Museum of Art docents are professional members of the education department committed to facilitating meaningful conversations about the museum’s collection and exhibitions with audiences of all ages and backgrounds. We are seeking friendly, energetic volunteers who have a love of learning and enjoy sharing their knowledge with others.
SEASONAL & SPECIAL EVENT OPPORTUNITIES
Family Fun Day
- Age requirement: 14 years or older
- Assist with a fun day of art making, family entertainment, and artists demonstrations.
- Assist with art projects and other activities
- Help with prizes, activities, and organization
- Setup and cleanup
Summer Art Academy
Internships in our curatorial, education, marketing, and development departments are competitive and available to college seniors and graduate students. Although internships are unpaid, students sometimes arrange to earn college credit. Interested parties should submit a resume with cover letter outlining the following:
- Hours needed
- Type of experience desired
- List of any criteria needed to meet institutional requirements
Please send all volunteer and internship inquiries to the Volunteer Coordinator.